Legal Question in Banking Law in India

sir, i am a banker one of my old friend asked me to debit his account and transfer the money to some other persons account i did it without taking written consent from my friend.The bank took objection over this debit transaction, after bank`s objection my friend submitted his written consent for the debit transaction, the bank now is not accepting the consent of my friend, what is the legal protection available to me in this case

Asked on 7/03/13, 10:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Ideally, you ought to have taken a cheque from your friend with the name of the payee to whose A/c you transferred the money to and with the amount that you debited to your friend's A/c. An apology letter from you addressed to the Branch Manager is recommended.


Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 12:50 am

J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice

In view of the after the event confirmation give a letter to your controller that in future you would take care to first have a written mandate from the account holder before putting through the transfer.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 7:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India