Legal Question in Banking Law in India

sir we have given money to study visa agent for australian visa.but after 6 7 months he did't give any responce.when we ask for our money he gave us some amount in cash,and remaining in check.but when we placed that check he stopped payment and tell us to place it after few days we wait for more than 10 days and again he stoped please gave me your precious advice that can we file any case against him.

Asked on 10/25/13, 12:31 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Send him a statutory notice u/s 138 NI Act and demand money in 15 days and if he fails to pay within 15 days then file a criminal case against him in the court of the CJM or CMM within 30 days thereafter. Once you send a notice you cannot present it.You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 12:56 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should lodge a case of "Cheque Bouncing" under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act within one month from the date of bouncing of the cheque, for recovery of your money, against the opposite party.


Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 5:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India