Legal Question in Banking Law in India

Hello Sir,

I'm a Bank manager and in the year 2014 I was punished by the management for Rs.10000 to be deducted from my monthly salary for 3 consecutive years.On the very 1st month of my punishment I received my usual salary but was asked to return since they hadn't deducted the requisite amount.When I received my salary again I found the amount to be same but chose not to say anything on the matter since i already returned my salary once before to accommodate the reduced value.For the next 15 months or so I got my salary similar to the original monthly income without any deductions and assumed the matter to be solved internally.But now suddenly the man-in-charge realized that I wasn't being fined 10000 every month and sent an official letter demanding the the money they forgot to deduct for the last 15 months or so.Can I take any legal stand in this matter or do I need to replenish the the money that was not deducted the past 15 months?Any guidance in this matter will be greatly appreciated,thank you.

Asked on 10/02/16, 9:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

You can always challenge the order of the management in the court of law provided you did no wrong .

Read more
Answered on 10/03/16, 2:31 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If the Management has decided to recover the amount, you remain liable to repay it to the Bank.


Read more
Answered on 10/11/16, 7:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India