Legal Question in Business Law in India

I request insight on the legalities of building an amusement park for the general public, based on a highly popular K-Pop entity, such as the likes of BTS (방탄소년단). Is such a commercial effort possible?

Provided it is, would I need a contract with their team to begin with, in terms or permission and the like? Naturally, I understand that this project is different from fan-work on the Internet, as it is, after all, a commercial project, which is why I wondered if a license of sorts would be required.

Additionally, I would love to curate stalls in the amusement park for merchandise, both official and unofficial (fan-made) related to the band. For the unofficial, fan-made merch, would permission from people who created it suffice? And for official merchandise, what would the procedure to set up stores be?

As for employment of local workers, will me and my team be able to decide contracts, or will there be a set directory to be followed?

Please note that the place to set up the amusement park in is India.

I would, to the greatest level, appreciate your help answering the above. I’m afraid I will not be available on telephone, and I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience that causes you.

Thank you!

Asked on 5/27/21, 3:22 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

All your queries require legal research and liaison with the government authorities. It would be better if your retain a lawyer in India to complete all the legal requirements for setting up an amusement park and also the basic requirement for selling merchandise.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/21, 1:28 am
Jeevesh Mehta Maven Legal LLP- Advocates & Consultants

There are many aspects involved in setting up a amusement park in India.

1. Setting of an business entity in India.

2. Procurement of land either through purchase or lease.

3. Getting local licenses from the municipal authorities to run amusement park.

4. Statutory compliances like Goods and service tax.

5. registration with labour department.

6. if any equipment needs to be procured from abroad, then Import license and compliance of necessary import requirements.

For more details you need to consult with the consultants here in India.

Hope this gives you an fair Idea.


Jeevesh Mehta Email: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/13/21, 12:51 pm
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

A1. Yes such entity is possible. You need a license for running the same.

A2. It depends upon your title to the land beneath. If owned, or long leased, then you may let the stalls on leave and license basis. I would advice that the fan made stalls be given out on daily pay out basis and done on a official basis and may be sponsored.

A3. You may set up your own contract, provided it is in consonance with the labour laws and ensuring al legal compliances.

I am also in concurrent views with my learned friend Mr. Mehta whose advise is as aforestated

Read more
Answered on 6/14/21, 12:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in India