Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

I was a brahmin before marriage and got converted to Christianity after marriage . I changed my name as rebecca and effected these changes through gazette also. Now i want to apply for government job. for that i am in need of community certificate. will it possible to get community certificate as BC and in whose name will it be issued, in father name or husband name? please advise?

Asked on 5/29/13, 11:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Rebecca,

The Church where you registered your marriage is supposed to issue you the community certificate. Caste differentiation is illegal and a criminal offence. The community certificate will be issued in your husband's name.


Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 5:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India