Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Philippines

I want to change my first name and surname in the Philippines. But the laws here state that a person may only change their name due to these grounds: the petitioner finds the first name or nickname to be ridiculous, tainted with dishonor or extremely difficult to write or pronounce;the new first name or nickname has been habitually and continuously used by the petitioner and he has been publicly known by the first name or nickname in the community; or the change will avoid confusion.

The main reason i want to change my name is to move to another place and live a new life to forget my mentally, emotionally abusive and controlling family home with lots of issues. I am a 24 year old female living with my parents.

What grounds can I use for my petition?

Asked on 7/07/13, 2:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


In that case you have no other grounds.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 5:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Philippines