Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

I got divorced from my ex husband in 2009 I got my minor daughters sole custody and we signed the consent terms documents

now my daughters are above 18 years of age and are demanding for their legacy in their biological father's ancestors property rights. My ex husband is currently living in chapel road behind jeff caterers , bandra west along with his brothers and mother in a joint family property. and they also have some joint family ancestors cottage in the same neighborhood in Bandra West Mumbai Maharashtra.

My daughters (practice Roman catholic religion) are also seeking for their own share in any other property that their biological father might have purchased without my knowledge that we are unaware of.

I would appreciate if this can be done by the means of mediation since they are still studying and I want to get the process to be done in a peaceful manner without going to the court if possible for settlement of my daughters rightful share in the properties belonging to them their father ancestors property. My number is Nine eight two one two zero seven four four eight

Thank you and best regards

Asked on 10/10/21, 1:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

in your situation, you may seek help of a lawyer who would try to mediate and get the dispute settled. You may also approach Mediation Cell of Mumbai HIgh Court for the needful. However, the right of your daughter needs to be ascertained as per Indian Succession Act & other laws governing your belief.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/21, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India