Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

My father bought land with his income and built a house 40 years back. Me and my brother inherited after his & our mother's demise (have death certificate & legal heir certificate). We demolished the house and built a housing complex in 2009 with 4 houses. Patta is in my father's name. Property tax, water tax, EB are jointly ownership of me and my brother. Now my brother expired last year and has 3 legal heirs (wife, son, daughter). Now can we do a partition deed on percentage basis i.e. I want to own 40% (in each house/UDS land) and 20% each for the legal heirs of my brother (wife, son ,daughter 20% each). On sale of any individual house or the entire propety in future, we want to divide the proceedings in this manner. Is it possible to do partition deed of inherited property on percentage basis?

Asked on 5/09/22, 5:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

The partition shall be in accordance with the laws of this nation.

To get detailed advice on the subject you may contact with me.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/22, 1:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India