Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

My father and my uncle got a property (residential building) from their grandparent through DANPATRA. After that they got the property partitioned and mutation had been done. Now my father gifted his portion solely to me vide GIFT DEED registered through local lawyer at local registry office. I would like to know DANPATRA Property can be gifted to anyone or is it valid ? In future my sister can claim the property ?

Asked on 5/29/13, 12:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

A danpatra property (also termed as a charitable gift) can be gifted to anyone and it is a valid gift.

Since the title to the property has been transferred to your name vide a Gift Deed, your sister cannot claim the property.


Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 5:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India