Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

My grand father passed away without a will (intestate). Grand mother and 6 children partitioned the property of grand father. One of the children did not sign in the partition agreement. My grand mother sold the property she got from the above partition to my father for Rs.50000. Grand mother also pass away now.


1. Since one of the children did not sign in the partition, the partition will not go through. Right?

2. What will happen to the property sold by grand mother to my father? It was also grand father's property. Does other children have the right to the property which my father bought from grand mother (In agreement also the amount for which he got is mentioned)?

Asked on 5/03/13, 12:10 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

you were replied the same yesterday.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 1:48 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You will have to file a writ petition in the Court for partitioning the property, as in the absence of a Will, all the children have an equal right and share in the property.


Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 4:24 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

You need to file suit for partition.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 2:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India