Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Can a husband give GPA to his wife to sell his land later in his absence ! Can a General Power of Attorney AGENT APPOINT AN OTHER PERSON as GPA to sell his GPA REGISTERED LAND ! WHAT TYPE OF REGISTRATION IS more valid!

Asked on 7/14/13, 1:50 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

No ... no ... no ... a General Power of Attorney (GPA) should never be resorted to and relied upon in the sale / purchase of immoveable property. It is always advisable that the seller directly deals with the purchaser to complete the deal.


Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 8:50 pm

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

a land can be sold through a registered power of attorney.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 9:34 pm

dear client.......

yes your husband can give GPA for sale of his land but you can not give any GPA to any one ........

for any query do mail me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 12:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India