Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Sir , Currently i am work with TCS and now live in banglore with my family . But i am a native of UP . No one live in UP now . I just want to know that can i give vote in UP if i want to do so or to live in Banglore would finish our family domicile of UP .I want to give vote in UP not in Karnataka.

AS Some person told me that to be a citizen of Up and use your vote you should be live here otherwise our name would be cutt from voting list ..

Asked on 9/26/13, 12:50 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

If you are a "permanent resident" of UP, you may continue to retain your UP domicile and vote there since you have a 'native place' there.

If you already have a voter card, you do not need to get it transferred to Karnatka.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/13, 7:09 pm

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

An Indian citizen is free to exercise his / her franchise (vote) from any village, town, city or State. As you may be aware of the latest Government regulations, an Aadhar Card is sufficient documentary proof, for you to exercise your vote from any location of your choice.


Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 4:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India