Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

I am staying in a place on rent for more than 50 years but i don't have any document neither rent receipt nor any strong documents so i need to acquire that place so how can i do ?

Asked on 7/14/13, 9:04 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You can acquire the place with the permission of the landlord / landlady if the rent is being paid to him / her, or vide a Court order if the rent is being deposited in the Court all these years.


Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 10:02 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

There is no provision in law for a tenant to acquire the rented property. However, this can possibly happen only way of purchase from the real owner.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 10:13 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

you may contact a lawyer and after going through all the documents he would suggest you whether you can claim adverse possession or not.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 9:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India