Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

I am widow my husband passed away in 2000. I am staying in a flat which was owned by my husband grandmother. She had a will which said that after her death it would go to my brother in law and my husband. but my father-in-law has got his name included in the society and the electricity is in his name. They are asking me to leave the house

Asked on 3/12/16, 2:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

You may challenge his name in society records and claim your name to be included as one of the legal heirs of the deceased owner. You have right in the property and cannot be thrown out illegally.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/16, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India