Legal Question in Technology Law in India

Two years back in 2011, After seeing a television advertisement, I purchased a small netbook (they claimed as mini-laptop) priced at Rs.6999 through telephonic order from an Indian Company. During the telephonic conversation, they claimed that the product is a mini-laptop which supports data-card, internet devices like 'Tata Photon' but after i received the product i came to know that it is a netbook which only works through Broadband connection and doesn't support any data card or Tata Photon. I contacted them through calls and emails for refund but they refused by simply mentioning unfair reasons. After pressing them with several complains through calls and emails, they suggested me to send back the product for consideration. I sent them the product, but they returned the product claiming that there is no defects with the product. I wasted my money and suffered huge loss. Since then, more than two years passed, i couldn't do anything till today. The product is lying idle in my house. I forgot my order id too. Can i still get refund now? What i need to do?

Asked on 12/20/13, 9:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

You may file a complaint in consumer court.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/13, 1:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in India