Legal Question in Constitutional Law in India

I want to apply for passport of my parents who are staying with me for the past 2 years, as they are not keeping well. They don't have any residence proof of the current place as the house is in my husband's name.They have a house within 50kms but falls in a different circle, they have all the necessary residence proofs for that house & also bank account. Please advise which address should be given in the passport application form. If I give their present address, i.e., my address they don't have any documents to submit & if I give permanent address, then don't stay there, they occasionally visit the place for banking purpose, hence while police verification they won't be available there. My husband is abroad & I too will be moving out soon, I need to make passport of my parents, so that I can take them abroad for treatment. Please advise.

Asked on 10/21/13, 12:48 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal

Apply on the basis of permanent address and once the apply is allowed, say your parents to live there for 10, 15 days. generally, after the submission of application, police comes within a week. And also generally police calls you before coming.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 5:38 am

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(

In case u apply for passport from particular address it is mandatory that police will physically verify for clear report kindly follow the legal process to avoid future hassles.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 3:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in India