Legal Question in Constitutional Law in India

One of my neighbor, a 8-10 year old boy doesn't utilize the washroom provided to him by his landlord to urinate, but urinates in open spaces. He usually urinates onto another neighbor's land while standing on the pavement adjacent to the land. Observing him urinate several other kids in the neighborhood have started urinating there too. Because of that whenever we walk on the pavement we get the stinking smell of urine. My parents had advised him several times not to urinate in open spaces and use the washroom in his house. But he doesn't listen and continues to urinate in open. When we scold him for urinating in open he argues he's not urinating in our place and hence we shouldn't have a problem. His father too argues with us in the same way and asks his son to continue urinating in open spaces. I want to sue his father. Are there any relevant sections of IPC that he can be booked under. I want to warn him for one last time by telling them I would sue him under those sections of IPC if does not teach his son to use the washroom. If he fails to comply I'll find a lawyer and sue him.

Asked on 6/28/20, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Section 268 of the Indian Penal Code. You may sue the father under tort law for compensation as well

Read more
Answered on 6/30/20, 1:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in India