Legal Question in Construction Law in India

BMC's Rs 4.75 lakh bouncer for Tendulkar

Civic body imposes fine on the Master Blaster for occupying dream home in Bandra without the necessary Occupation Certificate - Based on this old news my question is "What kind Occupation/Completion Certificate we need in Chennai sub-urban area (Thiruporur) area ?before moving into my newly constructed Flat by a township builder constructing houses in several Phases each about 400+ flats - pls guide us

Asked on 9/01/13, 1:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

For all new constructions, the concerned local Municipal authority in whose jurisdiction the construction activity falls, anywhere in India, (Tamil Nadu - Chennai or Tirupur being no exception) issues a Building Completion Certificate (BCC) and thereafter an "Occupation Certificate" confirming that the building is fit for habitation. The builder is responsible to apply for these two certificates, obtain them and hand them over to the Owner. Without these two certificates, the owner is not supposed to shift into the newly constructed building / property.


Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in India