Legal Question in Construction Law in India

we are facing leakage problem from my upper flat. can u suggest who has to pay money to rectify our flat ceiling. he is not ready to even see what is happening in my flat ceiling. 1 side ceiling got collapsed . till now upper flat owner is not ready to commit that thats happened because him. now who has to pay our ceilings expenses. plz rpl as soon as possible. we really scared.

thank u.

Asked on 7/20/13, 10:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If the building is more than 50 years old, the slabs ought to have become weak and the plaster will give way, resulting in dampness on the walls and water seeping through the side four corner wall-floor joints and edges. Like you are facing a leakage problem near the bathroom / toilet area in your flat from the flat above, the flat above your flat must be also be facing the same leakage problem from the flat above his / hers, and so on and so forth. The topmost flat will face leakage from the terrace. Redevelopment of the Society buildings is the best way forward as repairs are not really going to serve the purpose.


Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in India