Legal Question in Construction Law in India


I am making a bare house in front of my home. My neobhoure has complained in police and stop the work by force of police on 02 may but now 17 may the oponent party has not taken any satay order from court nor he has done any FIR.


Can the police stop the work without any fir or any stay order from the court. The police demanding some mony but i will not give.

Pls sir cane u advise me whatye i have to do.

I have had the proof of the disputed land.

Asked on 5/17/14, 6:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

you can make construction if it is legal. In case the police stops you make a complain to the ssp .

Read more
Answered on 5/17/14, 6:05 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Yes, if the construction of the bare house you are undertaking is not based on approved local Municipality plans, the Police have a right to stop the work, the construction being illegal if unauthorized.. If you have approved construction plans, you need to produce it to the Police. Merely having proof of title documents of a disputed land is not sufficient.


Read more
Answered on 5/17/14, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in India