Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

My Brother sent me a mobile phone from Dubai. After few months of usage the Mobile stopped working and would'nt start at all.

When i took it to the customer care centre, they demanded Rs.1600 as International warranty claim charge.

Can they demand such a charge?? Is their any provision for me to get it fixed without paying this charge (as it is in international warranty) with the help from Indian Consumer Court??

Asked on 5/23/13, 11:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

you may approach consumer court in india and file complaint.

you will get relief.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 9:26 pm

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If it is an expensive mobile say Nokia, getting it repaired by the respective Nokia service centre in India by paying the charges is recommended because you are assured of quality service.


Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 6:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India