Legal Question in Consumer Law in

what is failed transactions in banks? bank debited an amount ina s/b a/c without informing the customer as the customer withdrew the amount through atm about three moths back, but customer did not withdraw the amount on the particular day. bank produced certain copies asif they are printouts of atm. how can he get back the amount?

Asked on 12/07/10, 4:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeevesh Mehta Maven Legal LLP- Advocates & Consultants


If the customer did not withdraw the amount ever and still the amount was debited from his account, then the customer should communicate the even in writting to the bank. He must ask for the full details of the transaction.

If they dont listen to you or respond , then you can proceed in a legal way and send them a legal notice. thereafter you can procced to file a complaint before district consumer forum.

Consult a lawyer for the above purpose.


Jeevesh Mehta


Ph: 09811617186

Read more
Answered on 12/08/10, 5:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in