Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

my home loan in running status from lic hfl. Closing year 2018. Lic hfl ne mere original property documents ki photocopy mujhe abhi(07-05-13) tak provide nahi ki hai. Maine Photocopy ke liye application aur processing fee 2010 jama kiya tha.lekin is baare me lic hfl ne mujhe koi written answer nahi diya hai.wo keh rahe hai ki office badalne me kahin idhar udhar ho gaye hai baad me mil jayenge.

Agar lic Hfl ne mere property documents kho diye mujhe kya karna chahiye?

Agar company court se mujhe documents ki second copy nikal kar deti hai tab mujhe accept karni chahiye ya unse is laparwahi ka jawab mangna chahiye. Mere liye kya legal advice hai.

Ashok kumar gond

Asked on 5/07/13, 10:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

There are two aspects to this:

1) Deficiency in service and carelessness by LIC; &

2) Clarity of your title.

1) For this you can initiate action at the end of your loan tenure, then you can have un-ambiguos evidence about this, with the consumer forum, or Ombudsman.

2) Once your loan tenure is over, and it is fully repaid; they are required to give you, your Original Title Deeds - back. Failing which they shall have to provide you with a Duplicate, obtained from Sub-Registrar of Assurances of office. And along with this they shall also have to issue you a letter they have lost the original, and that there are no further dues of theirs. Once this happens; your tittle is clear. Once you have this letter then you can initiate action as stated at 1) above.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 4:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India