Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

Ok, I am from Hyderabad , we used MTS internet services ( through Data card ) and decided to disconnect their services. We informed the same to them, and paid an amount of Rs 530/- , assuming it to be a full settlement, later the company generated another bill for Rs 190, and I had already stopped using their services, did not pay any attention to it. now after almost 7/8 months all of a sudden I received a call from an advocate in delhi, threating legal action, if an amount of 2500.00 is not paid in settlement ( charges towards legal fee etc have been added to a bill of 190.00 increasing it to 2500.00 rupees) i was a little scared and made th epayment, but my friends and cousins say I did a mistake by paying almost 15 times more . What shall I do, MTS is no longer doing business in Andhra Pradesh. please advice. - Thanks in Advance.

Asked on 10/27/13, 10:18 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.

you can file a consumer complaint in Hyderabad only giving MTS address of their registrered office, may be of Delhi.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/13, 7:26 pm

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

I agree with Vishwa. You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/27/13, 10:39 pm
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Having already made the payment, you should forget about the matter and not waste more anymore of your time on it.


Read more
Answered on 10/28/13, 12:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India