Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

I have purchased a shop. A part of this shop was given to use by the ex owner to her brothers for business with no rental. The occupiers are getting ele. bill & corpn. tax on their head as occupier. In town planning there is only one shop no partition is registered. Now I want this premises vacant. What to do ? I donot know about any documentation done with occupier in past but it is confirmed that if any documentation done, they were notorised only not registered.

Asked on 7/06/13, 6:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Since you have purchased the shop in your name with the specified area, you should get it registered in your name in the record of the town planning department, which remains the joint responsibility of the ex-owner to sign all the transfer papers, and ensure that you get the shop area specified in your Agreement for Sale.


Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 8:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India