Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

Respected Sirs,

I had purchased a used Hyundai Santro car from Sri Sai Motors, Vivek Vihar, Delhi. He told me that every paper is ok but the papers are with owner and taken the advance. At the time of delivery he told me that paper is not yet come but he will get it within 1 week. After that he continued to lie but not given the rc till now. But I sent the car to my home in west bengal in December 2010 and before sending it the dealer also assured me "u send it I ll give u the papers before u go home." Now after lying and false assurance of almost 3 years he started ignoring me and doesn't pick my phone. Atlast he told me that I have to bring my car to get the papers. When I asked him to pay the conveyance of bringing, he denied. Now want to file a case against him for cheating and frauding but I only have his receipt of cash, copy of banker's noc on termination of hire purchase agreement and copy of all roc forms signed by the owner but don't have any proof that he has not provided the other papers to me.

Kindly suggest me about right action to be taken.

Asked on 6/04/13, 9:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

This is a serious matter and you must immediately take actions against this person. More importantly, this can be a stolen car and may lead you into trouble in future. Also, you may not be able to resell the car without papers or a proper legal process. Filing a criminal case is a must in this situation. For legal assistance you may get in touch with us at +919873385524 and [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 1:53 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should lodge a Police complaint to get the matter sorted out.


Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 5:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India