Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

Hi sir,

I entered into contract with a immigration company,after they assessed my qualifications and work experience and assured that am eligible of filing PR case for Australia. But after 5 months told me that i am not eligible so i send them an email for refund of money as they didn't done what they promised. So they rejected my refund giving a rubbish reason that i have not provided the required documents to them .

Now i want to get my money and need your help that what legal steps i can take against them and what is the procedure to do so.

Asked on 4/28/13, 4:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Simply lodge a Police complaint against the agency for recovery followed by Court proceedings for refund of your monies.


Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 4:09 am

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

In my opinion - police complaint would not be the right way.

Did they give you in writing that you qualify? Did they assess you based on point system, which applicable for Australia? Did they disclose all this information to you?

Are they based in India?

I need answer to all this to enable you to give appropriate advise.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/13, 5:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India