Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

when i was travelling to delhi by train 2nd tier some youth who were seated opposite me were watching movies uptil 2:30 at night and throwing buscuit packets on our berth and we were unable to get any sleep due to the disturbance and these people were putting their legs on our berths and disturbing us, i knew section 145 of railway act defines drunkenness but they were not drunk (i guess one was but he was not behaving drunk but by his eyes you could see) they were an annoyance but does it include this issue and in future if it happens will the TT listen to us as its irritating,the railway staff should have asked them to stop watching the it was a new experience for me i did not take up the issue eventhough i felt like giving them one fatka.and regarding the TT with due respect to them what if he asks for money then what are my powers as a citizen.

Asked on 5/12/13, 10:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

All that you needed to do was to complain to the on board TTE who would have taken appropriate action against the miscreants.


Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 10:50 pm

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

Yes, you can complaint with TT.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/13, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India