Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in India

I defaulted personal loan 4 years back & the bank submitted security cheque that I gave 2 them . my mother received a notice from the court 4 me 2 appeal before(4 yrs back) court but I was in Saudia Arabia that time . now I am returning back to India after 4 yrs can they arrest me and impound my passport.

By the way am not proud of what happened.

Asked on 10/12/13, 2:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(

It is advisable to retain a lawyer in india who would cross check whether your passport has been impounded or not and also ascertain the status of case pending against you.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 10:53 pm

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should negotiate a settlement of the loan with the bank, and repay it off to avoid any further complications for yourself.


Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 8:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in India