Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in United Kingdom

I owen 25% of my flat I pay the rest in rent, I still have to pay full amount for repairs and factor fees, is this legal ?

Asked on 2/02/17, 2:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Madam / Sir,

Q. I own 25% of my flat. I pay rent to the landlady / landlord for the remaining 75% of the flat. I still have to pay the full amount for repairs and factor fees. Is this legal ?

A. At the outset, I would like you to ascertain and clarify whether prevailing housing rules and regulations in the United Kingdom permit partial ownership of an apartment / tenement. If they do, you remain liable to pay repairs for the 25% ownership of the flat. The landlord / landlady of the flat remains liable to pay for the remaining 75% ownership of the flat since they are receiving the rent for the same from you. Your liability remains limited to paying them the rent for the 75% portion occupied by you.


Read more
Answered on 2/02/17, 2:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in United Kingdom