Legal Question in Criminal Law in India


Marriage - Love Marriage

Relationship before Marriage- 3 yrs

Case Registered under 498A after 1.5 Yrs of Marriage at Matrimonial House.

There was no dispute whatsoever, both were living happily. There were some personal minor misunderstandings among both.

Girl went to her parental house & with the help of her mother & Brother (who was living outstation ex. Chennai) after 3-4 months living there filed case there for Dowry & sec 498-A.

Accused---Husband, Mother in Law & Sister in law. ----Father in law which was accused earlier was excluded out of case by police before putting challan.

Evidences created:-

1. Neighbors of her parental House.

2. Her Mother & Brother

3. One outsider living in their house for more than 5 yrs.

4. One Pandit.

Some audio recordings also held by them where me & my wife are arguing, nothing related to Dowry or 498A Contents.

Case currently under trail in respective court, held for evidences.

Now they had put case for withdrawal which got rejected because of non availability of compromise agreement.

Again they put the application for withdrawl second time which is under consideration but without compromise agreement.

Also in case of divorcee, If I don't claim any share on the house which is hard earned money of my parents and security for their old age which i don't want in any way be shared by my wife.

Kindly advice

Asked on 7/19/13, 2:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Since you are already facing litigation, an appropriate guidance is possible only on the basis of entire case file.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 9:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India