Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Africa

If i was charged for theft and my case was withdrawn wl i receive a criminal record? Can employers find out about this ?can i apply for employment under government department or saps?

Asked on 10/24/13, 3:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

A person only gets a criminal record if one is convicted of a criminal offence. Therefore, if the charges against you were withdrawn, there will not be a record anywhere and you would not be obliged to declare anything.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 7:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Africa