Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

My daughter married to a boy whom she knew for the last 6 years. Within a period of 4 months of marriage she commited suicide. In a suicide note she mentioned agaist her husband about his attitude in ageneral.The police has registered a FIr ubder sec 498A and 306 of IPC. The postmortem report states the cause of death was hanging. Viscera report is yet to receive.

Can I also file a case against her husband for mental torture given by him to her to do such act ? Please guide

Asked on 9/02/13, 10:12 pm

6 Answers from Attorneys

Setu Niket Curare Legal

Kindly contact with complete details for legal assistance.

Kind Regards

Setu Niket



Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 10:20 pm

shiv shakner saini saini law

you should contact local advocate to contest case.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 11:24 pm
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

One has to go through the contents of FIR to give a fair opinion.

Adv Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 1:28 am
Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate

If you intend to file a suit for damages, consider posting your query in appropriate forum.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 2:45 am

FIR copy is required, basically once FIR is registered usually another FIR on same issue cannot be register but you can give your evidence in same case then case will be proved in court also and only then court can punish the culprit.


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 7:35 pm
Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.

Dear Sir,

You can submit papers to the IO and if he don't do anything can submit the same to the Court itself. Moreover, one can not be put into double jeopardy therefore, two FIRs can not be lodged on one incident.

For further Assistance Feel Free to Contact on 08750228171.

Thanks & Regards

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India