Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an Indian NRI living in USA from long time. One of my previous associate back in India is posting videos against me on social media to simply harass me and defame me, further threatens to share the video on social media.

I want to proceed legally but have no plans to visit India for next couple of years. What are my options, please help.

Asked on 3/15/19, 8:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sanjay. K. Dixit, Advocate. Sanjay K Dixit, Advocate @ Karnataka Bar Council Enrolement No: "KAR/898/2007"

Write an email complaint letter to you Indian cyber Polce wing.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/19, 8:06 am
Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

You have not mentioned the place where your former associate is in India. There are several States having NRI police cell. You may send an email complaint to the NRI police cell or to the DGP of the concerned State.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/19, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India