Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Dear Sir,

This has reference to a civil partition suit running in a court, one person of the suit party was colluded with the other party and submitted a compromising memo in front of the court. My signature was forged by him in that compromise memo submitted to court. Based on the memo submitted, court has decided that the suit is pressed (In favor of other party). After, I came to know the prima facie. Filed a civil suit in the same court. Then, I first given a police complaint (u/s IPC 420, 468, 471) to near PS. With the influence of his political power, police didn't do any investigation nearly 18 months regarding my complaint. Meanwhile, after consulting my lawyer, subsequently our lawyer filed a criminal case and again complaint was forwarded through court to PS. After few months, i have received intimation from court, i have given my specimen signatures in front of Judge. Police also asked my specimen signatures and I did it. After few months, police got the report from forensic and it was proved that my signature was forged. Then accused arrested and appeared in court and sent for remand. After that he got bail. Accused arrest information I got from one of my friend. After that I have no information either from police or from court.

My questions are:

1. So, far I have not received any kind of summons/information from court/PS to

attend or for further course of action.

2. What is my role regarding further course of action in court/PS.

3. In general, weather court will take the further steps in criminal offense or I have to do anything further regarding this?

4. Is it possible that without my presence, can court have right to give judgement or without my presence can it be compromised. If not what is the procedure for compromise in general.

Thanks for your patience to listen my case and looking forward to hear from you.



Asked on 8/31/13, 6:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate

Too long query. Consult your lawyer with all details.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 12:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India