Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

My father meet with death in a road accident in 2009 that time some one(my relative) recorded FIR but two days back my relative got hearing notice from court in which they mentioned dafa 337, 304A. I dont understand how this case went into court because we filed FIR only ? DId police filed case or something else how it works ?

Asked on 7/24/13, 1:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Every FIR has to be filed by the police in the local court. After investigation is complete, the police is required to file a detailed report. Since you are complainant in the case, you need to appear and pursue the matter further.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/13, 1:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India