Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

A friend of mine was defamed by his opponent on his blog. Subsequently my friend used abusive language via email since his opponent did not withdraw defamatory comments despite initial polite requests to withdraw the defamatory comments.

If my friend files a lawsuit for defamation, will he be arrested for using abusive language due to provocation. If he apologizes what is the worst outcome in terms of fine/imprisonment?

Asked on 9/18/21, 4:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

First let me inform you that you have done no henious offence. It is a bailable offence and if police arrests you, you will be bailed out in the police station there and then. So dont worry, but You may have to face trial for years. However you may file a cross FIR, along with the law suit for which your opponent will also get arrested, bailed out and face trial.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/21, 11:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India