Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

I lent 1 lac rupees to my landlord for some house renovation work as he requested for 1 month.

we made a promissory note for the same and notarized also. He gave a PDC for 1lac 3 thousand also as security along with 1-month interest.

Now, 3 months over neither he is returning my money or paying interest also after 2 months.

I deposited the cheque and it got returned with return code: REFER TO DRAWER/NOT ARRANGED FOR. As he is working in the same bank (HDFC BANK) I think he manipulated the return code not to show insufficient funds.

Now he is not answering my calls and to all WhatsApp messages also he is not responding properly. I already told him on WhatsApp to clear dues to avoid legal actions but still, he is not caring about it.

Moreover, I feel in case of legal actions from my side he will counter file a case saying that he has already returned by cash and I am asking him again after receiving the cash, or something like that as he seems to be a very cunning and arrogant fellow

Please advise further course of action and what is the merit of the case in my side.

Asked on 12/29/20, 12:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You doing wrong by delaying in taking action in the case, it will infringe your legal right on the amount. First, you should without delay need to take appropriate legal action against him. Your amount be returned with interest and he will also be punished for his act.

For the issues you may avail my legal services.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/20, 6:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India