Legal Question in Criminal Law in Canada

I just moved into a new place with my girlfriend were not common law yet she's not on the lease ..but everything was going great but on Thursday night I drank a lot and blacked out and hurt her just brusing but I don't remember anything that took place .. I was arrested and now have court on the matter next Thursday the 25 but I couldn't see my self hurting her like that wasn't the kinda man I am towards her .we were trying to get her custody of her daughters . I have daughter on weekends and I just want to know what I can do to make this go away I've already started AA meetings I know something like this would never happen while I'm sober and I have no problem not drinking ever again I in for a lot of trouble will they ever let me be around her again

Asked on 5/20/17, 6:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Golish Golish, Kenneth W.

Being charged with domestic assault in Canada is not unusual, so you are certainly not alone. The level of jeopardy you face would depend on the evidence and the investigation. Most criminal lawyers have extensive experience in these kinds of cases, so you are well advised to consult one. Most will not charge you for the first meeting.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/17, 6:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Canada