Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

If two parties enter into a sale deed and then the seller refuses to sell but later gives a cheque for refund of amount and that cheque bounces will it be a case for 138 Negotiable intruments act?

Asked on 7/09/13, 1:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Yes, if the seller has given a cheque to refund the advance received, he admitted his liability towards the buyer and is required to make payment.

It will be better to send a bank draft or a banker's cheque as a substitute of the bounced cheque.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 7:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India