Legal Question in Criminal Law in Philippines

Hi! what are the proper procedure for filing a slander, oral defamation and grave threat? i made a blotter to the baranggay and asked them to give the endorsement certification so that i can file my complaint to the police station but the barangay office refused due to the reasons that i should finish first the process which take 6 hearings.. i am so worried with my safety and security because evey time that i encountered the person anywhere at anytime and anyplace, i was bullied, slanders and threatening me even the case was at the barangay and we had undergone mediation 3 times. what am i going to do since i am so afraid of my security.

Asked on 3/21/17, 3:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rowena C. De Castro-Matira De Castro Matira Law Office

The barangay is correct. You have to file a complaint with the Brgy and attend the hearings. The purpose is to meet and settle but if after first hearing and you feel that there is no way to settle, then, you may ask for the termination of the conferences and for the issuance of the Certification to File action.

Prepare an Affidavit-Complaint with the affidavits and statements of your witnesses, attach the certification and other evidences before the City Prosecutor's Office. There will be preliminary conferences and the respondent will answer the complaint. then, Reply. thereafter, the fiscal will decide on your case whether to dismiss the case or recommend for filing of case.

then, that's the time that your case will be raffled to court.

Read more
Answered on 3/21/17, 10:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Philippines