Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

I have registered an fir against my husband and inlaws on 12/6/2020.the section that is being put on d fir are 498,323,504,506 and 34.what is d procedure that I need to follow police has not taken any action

Asked on 6/14/20, 4:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

If the FIR has been registered it will be transferred to the Women Cell. Then an investigation Officer will be appointed who will summon all of the accused persons. However you must make sure that the FIR has been registered and a free copy is given to you. Mere submitting a complaint does not amount to FIR registration. In case it is not registered then you complain to the woman cell and in case if they do not entertain you, kindly engage a lawyer who will file application u/s 200 r/w 156 (3) of the Cr.PC.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/20, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India