Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Respected sir

My family is living in new delhi since 20 years.I have a brother who got married in jammu,He was living with his wife in delhi with us,His mother in law came to our house and took his wife with her.

She threatned us to put behind the bars.We filled a police complaint in delhi,

We filed a case of section 9 of hindu marriage act in delhi.

my brother wife nor his inlaws attende the court hearing and the case was in our favor(exparte).After six months his wife filled a dowry case (498A) on us and (488) on my brother.

The (498A) case was quashed in our favor,In high court jammu.It was written in the judgement that my brother wife has abused the law and she didn't give any valid proof or dates in support of her complaint.

I've few queries to ask

1)Can exparte section 9 and (498A) quashed judgement end the (488) case which is filed on my brother because the judge is not giving importance to these cases judgement,My brother has been harassed and humiliated.

2)Can my brother file a defamation case against his wife in delhi ,if yes then which civil or criminal.

3)On whom my brother can file a case of defamation,his wife or the false witnesses she introduced,they came to the polic station to give statements but they never come in high court.

Asked on 7/23/13, 3:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Since you have already contested cases at two places, the lawyers who have access to your case files are in a better position to guide.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 5:17 am

already replied.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India