Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Sir in criminal case, after hear before charge, the honble court discharged me from the case. This order is positive to me. But I am having doubt that if the other accused whose application for discharge is dismissed, in their appeal is there any possibility to continue against me ? One more doubt is is there any chance to rejoin me as accused after trial ?

Asked on 3/09/22, 10:19 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

Has any appeal been filed against the order of discharge? A lawyer has to go through the charge sheet to give the right opinion.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/22, 9:44 pm
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Untill you receive a notice/summon from a higher court, (the chances of which are very dim) you don't have to worry. In case you receive one you will have a good case on merits as the Court below has discharged you at the first instance. For any specific query you will have to share the FIR and the chargesheet. However let me be clear the you cannot be joined at all under any condition after end of the trial.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/22, 11:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India