Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Sir I have filed two cheque bounce cases against a person in 2011. Due to the delay and judge on leave and transfer to another court due to heavy loadeven on today the accused is not examined.Today on 4/7/13 when accused is present the judge adjourns to september 19 for examination. Can i file a petition under CRPC 309 to advance the adjournment for examinatin and quick disposal of trail. Can you please suggest there is any Section in CRPC for speedy trial. I have lost Lot of money and time.

Asked on 7/04/13, 7:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

It is a case pending in court. I understand you are being represented in Court by an Advocate. If not, you should engage a local counsel. The Courts fix dates as per its roster. There is a huge pendency of cases in courts due to resource constraints in the country. If you are not satisfied with the date fixed by the court, you should speak with your counsel.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India