Legal Question in Criminal Law in India


1) my husband withdraw quashing application of 498 in highcourt of Gujarat and will going to file dishcharge application in lower court

2) my sister in law and mother father in law made amedmend in drafting so their applications are pending in gujrat highcourt.

They filed application in may 2021 but till date I dnt get any notice to represent myself in defence.

My questions are

1) in 498 quashing application , does highcourt has to issue notice to respondent lady to inform her abt the filing of quashing application ? Or they dnt issue notice to respondent ? What is the law ?

2) shud I hire private lawyer to oppose their quashing application ? Or shud I take legal aid from guj highcourt

My lawyer dnt take interest as he dnt know anything.

Asked on 10/29/21, 3:56 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Dear client if yr husband file quashing petition in high court then u can high private lawyer to oppose the same. For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil



Read more
Answered on 11/01/21, 1:41 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

You should receive a notice from the high Court. In case you have not been arrayed as respondent, you may engage a lawyer and oppose the quashing application. Your counsel will track the case and make you appear on the next date of hearing of the quashing application.The court will entertain you.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/21, 1:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India