Legal Question in Discrimination Law in India

My father expired recently.He has not made any will.We are two brothers and mother is alive.He purchased two flats when alive and one is in the name of mother and the other one is in my brother name(Acually i have not seen any papers).Brother is saying that father had given the papers of one flat for securing a loan from bank.Rs 3 lacs is due for which he is paying an monthly EMI of 10,000/-

The other flat is in the name of mother where she is currently residing.

My question

1)Can i be deprived of all the property in this case if my mother does not make a balanced distribution of 50% for each son.

2) My brothers is trying to avoid a face to face meeting with me in this context.

Kindly guide.

Asked on 6/08/14, 2:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

file a suit for partition .

Read more
Answered on 6/08/14, 6:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in India