Legal Question in Discrimination Law in India

One of my friend is forced by their parents to marry a minor girl. Her age is 14. He is strucked with the restrictions and his parents are saying that they will commit suicide if he doesnt marry that girl. They are from a good cultured background. he was unable to convince his parents. So can you please help by suggesting the way to proceed through law without harming anyone

Asked on 5/19/13, 12:47 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

shiv shakner saini saini law

If they are from a good cultured background. They cant do such silly act.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 8:42 pm

If you want to go through legal course then call the police and request them to talk to your parents. After single talk they will never ever think about it. Coz as per law it is illegal under Restriction on child marriage act. Your friend, his parents, girls parents, everybody will be in jail, if they will try to do so.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 9:25 pm
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

Legal recourse is through police - cannot be done 'without harming anyone'.

Legally marriage is not valid in eyes of law, and the parents of both will land up in jail.

If they are from 'cultured family' then they will not go ahead with this marriage.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 10:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in India