Legal Question in DUI Law in South Africa

I was cought drinking and driving in december 15 and they set a date 19 auagst this year to appear at court but I put a wrong sate in my diary to 19 of october what can I do now?

Asked on 10/07/13, 12:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Your failure to appear in court on 19 August will have resulted in the court issuing a warrant for your arrest. In order to avoid being arrested and kept in custody, you will have to go the the clerk of the court as soon as possible in order to have the warrant cancelled and to arrange a new date.

If you need any assistance with these arrangements or with the charges against you, please contact my colleague, Gys Niesing, at 084 593 2341.

Best of luck,

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in South Africa