Legal Question in Education Law in India

main one year se apne husband se alag rah rhi hu. aur ab 5 month ho gye hai court me application diye hue. november me

humara divorce ho jayega.

mera question ye h ai ki kya main law per apne alimony ke liye court me case kar sakti hu?

plz sir tell me?

Asked on 10/18/13, 12:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(

Yes you can , but alimony depends upon many things we need to go through all the documents and details of your case before giving any opinion.

The general perception is that the person initiating a divorce shall not be entitled to any financial support from their spouse. This, however, is not entirely true. It all depends on the financial position of the spouse. In the event of the wife not being able to sustain herself financially, or having no source of income for herself, she then is entitled to an allowance as maintenance. On the other hand, if she is earning sufficiently well for herself, she cannot claim any maintenance .

Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 7:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in India